Thursday, July 02, 2015

Week of June 29, part 1

My head is just spinning with difficulties and problems.  Rumors are going around that one of our leadership are selling drugs on the property which I am *almost* sure aren't true, and don't have any way to prove one way or the other.

On the one hand, I do surprise visits on occasion, and nothing like that is going on.  On the other hand, there are suspicious stuff going on and I know that especially on the first of the month (when people who receive money from the state get it) half the folks are wasted.  But where do they get their drugs?  Do they get it on the property?

This has been a problem on the property and among the leadership all the time.  Yes, sometimes we catch people using drugs in the bathroom, and we ask them to leave (with a lecture).  Others are rumored to sell drugs on the property, but we've only caught one person doing that.  But we keep our eyes open.

I went to the day shelter stressed on the first of July, knowing that it was the selling day.  I was exhausted, but also aware of what's going on.  Then the Spirit struck me and I realized, if God wants me to find out about this, then He'll let me know, or let me see it.  My place is not to judge or to spy people out like a cop.  My place is to offer mercy, no matter what others do.  If we catch someone, fine, in the meantime, we just have to make a determination: is a leader bringing peace, or are they bringing chaos?

As long as I see the intent and action of peace, then I don't need to worry about the rest.  God will judge those who oppress the vulnerable.  Not my place.

This allows my mind to be awash with peace and freedom.

No comments: