Thursday, January 14, 2010

Being Jesus

Just got a question in: "Is being Jesus a Scriptural Principle?" Well, let's look:

I John 2:6
By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.

I Corinthians 11:1
Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

II Thessalonians 3:5
May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the steadfastness of Christ.

Matthew 20:26-28
It is not this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

Philippians 2:3-8
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Matthew 10:24-25
A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he become like his teacher, and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebul, how much more will they malign the members of his household!

Luke 9:22-24
The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised up on the third day. If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it.

I Peter 2:19-23
God is pleased, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly. For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps— he who committed no sin and no deceit was found in his mouth; and while being reviled, he did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

I Timothy 1:16
Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

John 20:21
Jesus said to them, "Peace be with you; as the Father has sent Me, I also send you.”

John 14:12-13
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 15:7
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Revelation 3:21
He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.


Revelation 2:26-27
He who overcomes, and he who keeps My deeds until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations—and he will rule them with a rod of iron, as the vessels of the potter are broken to pieces— as I also have received authority from My Father

John 17:22-23
The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.

John 15:11
These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full.

So we are to live like Jesus, act out His teachings and we receive His suffering, His resurrection, His glory, His peace and His joy. It seems that the Christian life is the life of Jesus.

No comments: