Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why Do The Nations So Furiously Rage?

Leeanne T asked me what I do when people are so hard-hearted as to not allow us to love as God has called us to love. What to do when they put up blocks to meet people's needs. My response:

It is really stressful to care for people. I think thats why so few people do it, really. The cost of caring is just too high for most people.

This is what I do when our effort has failed and people still suffer:

Cry out to God for His mercy.

Trust that God is still working, even behind the scenes.

Surrendering our own effort, recognizing that we aren't the one who saves but God is.

Love with what we have, but when we realize we have run out, to hand our loved ones over to God.

Cry, sometimes, even though you know it doesn't help in the long run.

Break the law, if the law tells you not to love.

Rant on the internet. Yeah, I do that a lot.

No comments: